1. How do I apply for an Authorize.Net Merchant Account?
Click here to apply online for a merchant account. Or call us toll-free at (866) 913-3220.
2. How do I get more information about setting up a merchant account?
Call us toll-free at (866) 913-3220 to speak to one of our account specialists.
3. How long does it take to set up a merchant account and start accepting credit cards?
Most applications are approved within 2 business days.
4. How long does it take to receive my funds?
Funds are usually deposited into your business checking account within 2 business days after submitting a batch.
5. Can I be approved for a merchant account if I have bad credit or no credit?
Yes. We have one of the highest approval rates in the industry.
6. What types of merchants does First Data Independent Sales approve?
First Data Independent Sales processes credit and debit card transactions for more than 170,000 traditional and Internet businesses. Whether you are building an e-commerce website, a traditional retail business or a mail/telephone order business, you will want to open a First Data Independent Sales merchant account, which enables you to accept payments for customer purchases.
7. What if I need help with my account?
First Data Independent Sales has more than 200 customer service representatives available to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in more than 140 languages and dialects. In addition, Mymerchantoffice.com, our merchant-dedicated web site, allows you to access your merchant account information online at any time, from any location.
8. How do I get my money?
There are four steps to getting your money. Initiating, authorizing, completing the transaction and receiving your funds.
Step 1 - Initiating the transaction to verify that a card is active and within the approved spending limit:
- Brick-and-mortar and retail or restaurant environments swipe the card or key in the number through a point-of-sale terminal (i.e., card is physically present).
- Mail order/telephone order environments enter the card identifiers the customer has provided you by mail, telephone or fax (i.e., the card is not present).
- Internet environments where the customer provides your website with card identifiers (i.e., card is not present).
Step 2 - Real-time authorizing, which reduces chargebacks and catches card-entry errors:
- Credit card number is entered.
- Authorize.Net transmits the credit card number and expiration date and sales total to First Data Independent Sales.
- First Data Independent Sales transmits data to customer’s credit card-issuing bank.
- Customer’s issuing bank approves or declines the transaction.
Step 3 - Completing the transaction:
- Authorize.Net transmits transaction details to First Data Independent Sales in a batch at close of the business day.
- First Data Independent Sales forwards transactions to each credit card company, which redirects the transactions to appropriate banks.
- Bank debits credit cardholder’s account and credits First Data Independent Sales.
Step 4 - Receiving your funds:
- First Data Independent Sales credits your merchant account, within two business days.
Apply online today!
Or call us toll-free at (866) 913-3220